Business news today with the developments around the Russian stock market, the pitiful European trade and the decision of Donald Trump on new sanctions for Russia and the Syria decision. It will be a historic decision, because Syria is and remains a powder keg with many actors: USA, Russia, Israel, Iran, Syria itself, rebels, and much more. We take a look at the main stock market news from the economy and politics of the day. Click here for an overview of Economic News or the recent Stock Market Charts.
Foreign Policy: US Sanctions Cause Panic on Russian Stock Exchange
The current economic situation in the world will be dominated by two topics. On the one hand, the planned US import tariffs are still the focus of the topics. If an economic war starts, there are two giants in the world who will carry it out, the US and China. Both sides can only lose as the recent history itself should show them. Since economic opening and globalization, humanity has never been better off. Work processes are shared and distributed among the countries with the best qualifications. If you raise the tariffs for a certain good, this can quickly lead to a chain reaction. The announced increases in steel imports from China to the US have already resulted in a list of potential, more highly collectable products on the Chinese side.
Import duties on automobiles in Europe
As the example of customs duties for certain European cars shows, tariffs are a much more complex system than can be discussed in the news. We hear again and again about the great differences that exist in the customs clearance of automobiles between the EU and America. It is always in the room, the European cars have an advantage, but they do not have.
The US used to retain the right to pay higher taxes on large automobiles, especially SUVs that are sought after in the US. In return, smaller EU cars were favored with lower taxes. Conversely, it is exactly the same, we pay for SUVs significantly less import taxes, but higher for small cars. Anyone who now only crashes on a certain group of automobiles rushes the subject. The simple slogans of Donald Trump are not tenable. The same is true in the steel segment. America has a large steel manufacturing industry that relies on cheap imports. Should the prices rise due to the import duties, the purchase price for steel automatically increases. At the absolute disadvantage of much of the economy in the US. Significantly larger than that of steel extraction.
A big wall keeps no immigrants away and simple slogans do not change economies.
China is sympathetic and calls for tariff reduction
The Chinese President has responded rather favorably to the aggressive sounds of House America in recent days. He even talked about lowering hell. However, this promise has been more frequent in the recent past and so far the promises made by Chinese state leaders have not been implemented.
Trump decides on Syria: Is an invasion coming?
Now there are the next headlines. In the next 24 hours, Donald Trump will make a serious decision on Syria. Russia has already warned against a military intervention by the United States. This causes panic on the Russian stock exchanges.
Stock Market News: Trump economic thoughts
Check out the recent Stock Market Charts.
SKY wrotes about 2000 jobs gone this week
The recent headlines of SKY are “Construction feels chill of ‘Beast from the East'” and “Tesco defies retail gloom with £1.3bn profits surge”. Read more about the recent news:
- 2,000 jobs at risk as Shop Direct closes three sites
- Tesco defies retail gloom with £1.3bn profits surge
- Construction feels chill of ‘Beast from the East’
CNBC wars investors of losing trade
This are the most recent headlines of CNBC like “Wall Street bull warns too many investors are stuck in losing trade” and “Gold, oil jump as Trump warns Russia missiles ‘will be coming’ at Syria”. You like to read more about them? Check the agencies recent blog posts:
- “Wild swings in the stock market could mean it’s bottoming soon and will rebound”
- Wall Street bull warns too many investors are stuck in losing trade
- Gold, oil jump as Trump warns Russia missiles ‘will be coming’ at Syria
Euro News about disrupted US / EU relations
This week Euro News shows new “Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn resigns amid tariff row” and “Disrupted US Relations a bigger risk to Europe’s Economy than Brexit: OECD”. The recent headlines:
- Real Stuff: OECD’s Secretary General Constructs His Vision For Europe
- Disrupted US Relations a bigger risk to Europe’s Economy than Brexit: OECD
- Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn resigns amid tariff row
Wall Street Journal
This are the most recent headlines of Wall Street Journal like “Stocks Slide Amid Syria Tensions, Inflation Data” and “Fed Minutes to Give Clues on View of Economy, Rate Path”. Headlines and news of the week:
- Stocks Slide Amid Syria Tensions, Inflation Data
- Fidelity Is Rethinking How It Charges You for Financial Advice
- Fed Minutes to Give Clues on View of Economy, Rate Path
Financial Express about Xi Jinpings speech
The most newest agency Financial Express writes about “Xi Jinping speech at Boao Forum for Asia: Chinese president promises to cut auto import tariff amid US China trade war” also “Big boost for Modi government! Economy to grow 7.3 per cent in FY 18-19, says Asian Development Bank”. More headlines:
- “Big boost for Modi government! Economy to grow 7.3 per cent in FY 18-19, says Asian Development Bank”
- “Intra-state e-way bill for movement of goods to roll out in 5 states from April 15”
- “Xi Jinping speech at Boao Forum for Asia: Chinese president promises to cut auto import tariff amid US China trade war”
Money Control about makred updates for outperforms
Here are the most recent news for Money Control like “Mahanagar Gas falls 4% post big block deals; BG Asia Pacific may have sold shares” and “Market Update: CNX IT outperforms as TCS, HCL Tech trade higher; SBI, PNB drag PSU bank index lower”. Read more about the news:
- “Market Update: CNX IT outperforms as TCS, HCL Tech trade higher; SBI, PNB drag PSU bank index lower”
- “Mahanagar Gas falls 4% post big block deals; BG Asia Pacific may have sold shares”
- “Market Update: Metal stocks shine led by Hindalco, JSPL; Avenue Supermarts hits new 52-week high; PSU banks drag”
New by Hargreaves Lansdown, this week “Asia report: Markets mixed as trade confidence wanes” and “London midday: Stocks maintain losses as manufacturing data disappoints”. More new topics of the blog:
- Asia report: Markets mixed as trade confidence wanes
- Europe open: Geopolitical, trade concerns dampen sentiment
- London midday: Stocks maintain losses as manufacturing data disappoints
New York Post about Zuckerbergs congress grill
Headlines and stories of New York Post like “Facebook stock soars as Congress grills Zuckerberg” and “Group accused of using faulty racial data to slam Airbnb”. News of the week:
- Shari Redstone weighs CBS-Viacom merger without Les Moonves
- Group accused of using faulty racial data to slam Airbnb
- Facebook stock soars as Congress grills Zuckerberg
New blog posts by Investor Place we found today are “How to Get a Tax Free, 9% Monthly Dividend Yield” and “VeriFone Systems Inc: Take Your Pay on the Merger News”. Read more about the recent news:
- How to Get a Tax Free, 9% Monthly Dividend Yield
- Pay-to-Use Facebook, Inc.? The Option’s Likely Coming, But…
- VeriFone Systems Inc: Take Your Pay on the Merger News
Fox News about Trumps allies in Syria
This are the most recent headlines of Fox News like “Trump allies in Syria aren’t trustworthy, national security expert warns” and “House Speaker Paul Ryan won’t seek re-election”. More headlines:
- House Speaker Paul Ryan won’t seek re-election
- Trump allies in Syria aren’t trustworthy, national security expert warns
- Fortnite on iOS is raking in more than $1.2M a day
This Is Money
Headlines and stories of This Is Money this week are “FTSE LIVE: Tesco brushes off retail slump with bumper profits; UK stock market falls as geopolitical tensions over Syria rise” and “Glencore boss cuts ties with oligarch Deripaska: But Cameron crony clings on to job with scandal-hit Russian”. Recent posts and trends:
- “FTSE LIVE: Tesco brushes off retail slump with bumper profits; UK stock market falls as geopolitical tensions over Syria rise”
- “Trinity Mirror’s £126m takeover of the Express and Star placed under investigation by competition watchdog”
- “Glencore boss cuts ties with oligarch Deripaska: But Cameron crony clings on to job with scandal-hit Russian”
The Guardian also mentioned Xi Jinpings speech
News by The Guardian are”Surprise falls in UK manufacturing and construction point to slowing economy – business live” right now and “Xi strikes conciliatory tone on trade but offers few concessions”. More new topics of the blog:
- “Surprise falls in UK manufacturing and construction point to slowing economy – business live”
- First fall in UK production for a year surprises forecasters
- Xi strikes conciliatory tone on trade but offers few concessions
New York Times about the ‘Empire of Guns’
Main topics of this week from New York Times was “Review: ‘Empire of Guns’ Challenges the Role of War in Industrialization” and “‘How Long Can We Last?’ Trump’s Tariffs Hit Home in the U.S.”. Discover more headlines of the blog:
- ‘How Long Can We Last?’ Trump’s Tariffs Hit Home in the U.S.
- Review: ‘Empire of Guns’ Challenges the Role of War in Industrialization
- Federal Budget Deficit Projected to Soar to Over $1 Trillion in 2020
Market Price: Stock Exchange Today
The most recents news.
Market Prices: Most Important
The share of Dow stands at 24,330.48 and goes up on -0.32% (-77.52US Dollar). Die S&P 500 goes to1,356.80 today and goes up on -0.11% (-2.92US Dollar). The paper of Nasdaq stands at 66.05 and goes up on 0.18% (12.89US Dollar). The GlobalDow is at today and goes up on 0.04% (1.31US Dollar). Today Gold stands at 1,544.88 and goes up on 0.81% (10.90US Dollar). Standard Oil goes to 684.81 and goes up on 0.82% (0.54US Dollar).
Market prices by Marketwatch.com
Market Prices: Top Performers
|Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.||310.60||4.22%||12.53|
|Envision Healthcare Corp.||40.87||3.22%||1.28|
|Marriott International Inc.||112.45||2.83%||03.09|
|Wyndham Worldwide Corp.||31.24||2.66%||0.81|
|Newmont Mining Corp.|
|Republic Services Inc.||65.59||-2.90%||-1.96|
|W.W. Grainger Inc.||284.94||-2.42%||-7.06|
|CBS Corp. Cl B||50.88||-2.38%||-1.24|
|Perrigo Co. PLC||82.42||-1.88%||-1.58|
|Brighthouse Financial Inc.||50.23||-1.80%||-0.92|
|Deere & Co.||145.40||-1.77%||-2.62|
|Affiliated Managers Group Inc.||173.48||-1.59%||-2.80|
|Ameriprise Financial Inc.||142.04||-1.56%||-2.25|