Depot providers in comparison 2023
A custody account is a place to store your securities. Through a customer account at a custodian bank, your securities are managed digitally. Compare the best custody account providers here!
- Calculator: Depot comparison
- What is a depot?
- How does a securities account work?
The most important thing about the depot
- A securities account is a warehouse for securities
- Shares or fonts are kept in a securities account
- Branch banks, direct banks and online brokers offer securities accounts
- The deposit credit can be used for the acquisition of further securities
What is a depot?
A securities account is a place to store your securities. If you want to invest your money in shares, fonts & co. you need a securities account. You can open a securities account with an online broker, a direct bank or a branch bank.
How does a securities account work?
If you know your way around and want to trade on your own responsibility, you should choose an online broker or a direct bank as your investment location. Here you engage in securities trading without investment advice.
If you want to benefit from expert advice, you should open a securities account at your chosen branch bank. Here, a bank advisor will handle securities trading for you.