Building energy passport – The building energy passport provides data on the energy efficiency and the energy costs of a building and serves to evaluate its energy efficiency. The basic principles of this passport are regulated in the Energy Saving Ordinance (Energieeinsparungsverordnung) and oblige the owner to provide the prospective tenant with a building energy passport without being asked to do so when renting out a property. Failure to comply with this obligation can be sanctioned with a fine of up to 25,000 euros.
Building Energy Performance Certificate at a glance: The document for the energy assessment of a building
- Provides data on the energy efficiency and energy costs of a building
- Serves for the energetic evaluation of a building
- The basics are regulated in the energy saving ordinance
- The owner is obliged to hand over the building energy passport to the interested parties.
- Sanction of up to 25,000 euros for failure to comply with the obligation
Back to the wiki: Real Estate